Target audience
Before we begin any filming we have to look at our potential target audience and what they would would like to see in the opening. My target audience would be teenagers and also parents. I believe I would attract these two groups because firstly I'm using a gang and I believe teenagers would find this interesting and exciting to watch. By using a child I can pull at the heartstrings of parents as they can relate to that specific feeling of loosing sight of your young child. I decided to create a questionnaire in order to collect the information about viewers preferences in order to help maximise the potential of my storyline. This is the thriller questionnaire I gave to my target audience before starting to plan my own thriller film. This meant we knew what type of things they would look for in our film.
My questionnaire asked many questions to provide us with enough information to help create the best film for my audience. It included questions like what they would suspect in a thriller film, including type of music, period of time they aspect it to be set in and other features they would like to see in a thriller film.

This help me to create a film which would appeal to my target audience in many ways. The results revealed that most people liked fast paced music, which I may in our thriller to build up tension. Another question asked was if they preferred thrillers to be in colour or back and white.The results showed that they would prefer it to in colour as it seems more modern. I did not only ask our target audience but a range of different ages so I could compare the results and find out what the best audience would be for the conventions on our thriller film.
No comments:
Post a Comment